Many women long for a round, shapely, sexy derriere, but age, genetics, pregnancy and weight fluctuations often result in a flat, square or saggy rear end. Luckily, the Brazilian butt lift has become wildly popular in recent years and has been performed safely on thousands of patients yearly.
What is the Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift is a colloquial term that refers to a gluteal lift/augmentation procedure, designed to improve the shape, volume, and contour of the gluteal region. This procedure combines liposuction with natural fat transfer, utilizing the patient’s own body fat to create a fuller, firmer, more voluptuous and voluminous derriere.
Benefits of the Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian butt lift transforms a saggy, shapeless, flat booty into a tight, shapely derriere. It also offers the following benefits:
- Fuller, more shapely and defined buttocks
- More curvature and firmness
- Gives the buttocks a natural-looking youthful appearance
- Improves self-confidence and self-esteem
- Risk is reduced because your own fat is used for the implant
Am I a candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift?
The Brazilian butt lift is most suitable for adults who are in overall good health and have reached a stable weight prior to undergoing surgery. This procedure may be recommended for those who:
- Have undergone dramatic weight loss, pregnancy or aging, causing the behind to become saggy.
- Exercise is not producing the desired fullness and volume in your gluteal region.
- Your derriere is genetically flat.
The Brazilian Butt Lift Surgical Procedure
The Brazilian butt lift is a two-part procedure that involves harvesting unwanted excess fat from targeted areas of the body using liposuction. This fat will then be injected into the gluteal region while also allowing Dr. Karaca to carefully craft a smooth and streamlined contour of the buttocks. The harvested, processed fat cells are injected through two minuscule incisions into the superior-medial buttocks, above the gluteal muscle. This technique allows Dr. Karaca to add fullness and volume where necessary to give the illusion of a “lift” while sculpting a sexy, round, well-proportioned derriere without surgery. It is in this part of the procedure that Dr. Karaca’s experience and expertise influence the excellence of his work. The tiny incisions are then sutured, and compression garments are prescribed. The Brazilian butt lift procedure is a minimally invasive procedure that takes approximately two hours to perform on an outpatient basis and requires a very short recovery time. Dr. Karaca considers the Brazilian butt lift one of his earmark procedures and among the most exciting and innovative transformations he provides for his patients.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery
Patients are advised to avoid prolonged sitting for about two weeks following the procedure. Although recovery times naturally vary between patients, most return to work after one or two weeks. Dr. Karaca recommends the use of compression garments for at least six weeks following the procedure to optimize the healing process.
Brazilian Butt Lift vs. Silicone Butt Implants
Prior to the Brazilian butt lift, silicone implants were used to add fullness and volume to the buttocks. These implants carried risks of complications and produced results that did not always look or feel truly natural. The Brazilian butt lift is now considered the preferred, state-of-the-art procedure for enhancing contour in the derriere. The Brazilian butt lift offers many benefits over silicone implants, including:
- Reduced risk of rejection, side effects or complications – Silicone implants carry a variety of risk factors: they may become infected, they may shift, the implant may become visible, or there may be leakage, ruptures, and hardening of scar tissue around the implant. The Brazilian butt lift carries none of these risk factors. Once fully healed from the procedure, no future complications should exist.
- Looks and feels more natural – Because the Brazilian butt lift uses your own body fat to add volume and fullness to the buttocks, the result is a more natural look and feel.
- Quicker recovery – The Brazilian butt lift is far less invasive than implant surgery, hence, it is safer and offers a shorter recovery period.
- Less scarring – The Brazilian butt lift uses only miniscule incisions, leaving no visible scars.
- Rounder, shapelier derriere – The Brazilian butt lift results in larger, fuller buttocks than the silicone implant procedure, with more customized results. Because natural fat is easier to manipulate than implants, the doctor may more precisely sculpt and reshape the derriere.
- Fat transfer allows for body contouring at harvest site – The additional benefit of the Brazilian butt lift is the fact that the fat transfer procedure removes unwanted fat from areas such as the abdomen or thighs, thereby creating a smoother, slimmer contour in those areas while enhancing the derriere.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I get a Brazilian But Lift or Silicone Implanst?
The traditional tummy tuck is recommended for individuals who have large amounts of excess skin and fat to eliminate, as well as significant weakness of the abdominal wall. A mini tummy tuck is a far less invasive procedure that may be more suitable for patients who have smaller areas of loose skin to eliminate.
Can I get Pregnant after a Tummy Tuck?
Yes. Although you may still enjoy the option of becoming pregnant and having a safe, healthy pregnancy following a tummy tuck, Dr. Karaca and our team of experts recommend postponing the tummy tuck surgery until after you have finished birthing and nursing your children, as future pregnancy and lactation may affect your surgery results.
When can I resume sex after a tummy tuck?
We recommend a gradual return to non-strenuous sexual activities approximately three to four weeks following the procedure.
When can I resume exercise after a tummy tuck?
It is important to refrain from strenuous abdominal exercises for two to three months following a tummy tuck surgery. Regular, non-strenuous activities can resume within three weeks.