ThermiVa™ in Detroit, MI
For women who experience vaginal laxity, sexual dysfunction, and related problems there is hope. Technological advances have made quick and painless treatment possible. Birmingham Plastic Surgery, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Ahmet R. Karaca, M.D., offers ThermiVa™ for women who live in and around Detroit, Farmington Hills and the surrounding communities of Michigan.
What Is ThermiVa™?
Birmingham Plastic Surgery is proud to be among the first in Detroit to offer ThermiVa™, a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedure. Dr. Karaca remains the only area doctor able to perform the procedure. Using a state-of-the-art radiofrequency technology, ThermiVa™ can be used to treat the following:
- Laxity in the vagina
- Orgasm problems
- Dryness in the vagina
- Sexual function
- Leaky bladder
Giving birth and menopause can leave women with frustrating problems like urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, and laxity. ThermiVa™ is the first pain-free option to treat these conditions that involve no surgery or recovery. Controlled thermal energy minimizes side effects and may even result in cosmetic enhancements to the labia.
For best results, three individual treatments set three to four weeks apart will be necessary. Patients will begin to see results after the first procedure, with continued improvement after subsequent treatments. Some patients continue with maintenance treatments every nine to 12 months.
ThermiVa™ results are clinically proven for at least one or more of the following symptoms:
- For Sexual Dysfunction: ThermiVa™ increases the sensitivity of soft tissue and strengthens muscular contractions.
- For Laxity in the Labia and Vulva: ThermiVa™ reduces sagging noticeably in just three treatments.
- For Laxity in the Vagina: ThermiVa™ procedure can assist in tightening the vaginal opening, the introitus and the entire length of the vaginal canal.
- For Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: Skin is thickened and made softer to relieve dryness without hormone therapy.
- For Moderate or Mild Symptoms of Stress-Related Incontinence: ThermiVa™ treatments in conjunction with Kegel exercises can minimize leakage of urine, feeling of urgency and other incontinence problems, eliminating the need for mesh slings.
How Does ThermiVa™ Work?
A series of three ThermiVa™ treatments spaced every three to four weeks produces the best results. ThermiVa™ warms the temperature of the vaginal tissue and labia. The unique applicator is gently moved over the labia and inner tissue to slowly heat the surface. This stimulates collagen production in the tissue, tightening it. Treatment requires no anesthesia and is pain-free. No recovery time is necessary, and although full results take multiple treatments, improvements can usually be seen after just one visit.
Who Needs Treatment for Vaginal Laxity?
Vaginal laxity is a risk for women who have delivered multiple times vaginally. Laxity can also result from:
- Excessive lifting and straining
- Frequent constipation
- Any activities that stretch the vagina beyond its normal capacity
Who Are The Best Candidates For Treatment With ThermiVa™?
ThermiVa™ is recommended for patients suffering from:
- Vaginal laxity or looseness
- Dissatisfaction with the appearance of the labia majora
- Sexual dysfunction and difficulty with orgasms
- Prolapsed pelvis, including fallen rectum or bladder
- Difficulty keeping in tampons
- Urinary leakage
- Dryness in the labia or vagina as a result of menopause
Is ThermiVa™ Safe?
ThermiVa™ is FDA approved as a safe, non-surgical treatment option for laxity of the vagina.
Does The ThermiVa™ Treatment Require Anesthetics?
This procedure is temperature controlled for patient comfort and requires no anesthetics.
How Long Does The ThermiVa™ Treatment Take?
Treatment generally lasts 15 minutes for reduction of the labia majora, and an additional 15 minutes (30 total) for vaginal tightening.
What Is The Expected Downtime After ThermiVa™?
ThermiVa™ requires no downtime. Patients may even resume sexual activity the same day as a treatment session.
Do The Results From ThermiVa™ Last?
Results typically last nine to 12 months after the third procedure. Maintenance treatments can be repeated yearly to maintain results.
How Much Does ThermiVa™ Cost in Detroit?
ThermiVa™ is not covered by most policies provided by health insurance. To ensure affordability and access, Dr. Karaca proudly offers financing options. The office also accepts cash, personal checks and credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are experiencing vaginal laxity or related problems, it might be advantageous for you to consider getting ThermiVa™. To find out more, contact Dr. Karaca if you live in or around Detroit, Farmington Hills and the surrounding communities of Michigan.