ThermiRF™ in Detroit, MI
Birmingham Plastic Surgery, led by board-certified plastic surgeon Ahmet R. Karaca, M.D., is the only local ThermiRF™ practice for men and women who live in and around Detroit, Farmington Hills and the surrounding communities of Michigan.
What is ThermiRF™?
The latest in elective cosmetic technology is ThermiRF™, a micro-invasive, temperature-controlled radio frequency solution that is FDA approved for the treatment of lines and wrinkles, excessive skin and more. ThermiRF™ uses radiofrequency energy to directly target treatment areas and rejuvenate the skin.
ThermiRF™ has four different approved uses:
- Non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation: ThermiVa™
- Non-surgical skin tightening on the face, neck, body and arms: ThermiTight™
- Non-invasive skin smoothing: ThermiSmooth™
- Treating hyperhidrosis to reduce sweat from axillary glands: ThermiDry™
Treatment options can improve:
- Frown lines, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Visibly sagging skin in the face and neck
- The appearance of a double chin
- Excessive underarm sweating
- Tighten skin on the neck, arms, abdomen, back bra area, knees, post-liposuction lumps
Benefits of ThermiRF™
Have confidence in your skin again and experience the benefits of ThermiRF™:
- Procedure is non-surgical with minimal discomfort
- There is little to no recovery needed
- Procedure is safe for all skin types
How Does ThermiRF™ Work
Treatment involves a tiny probe being placed under the skin via a needle. The probe has an electrode that emits tiny bursts of radiofrequency energy, as well as temperature to monitor the treatment site. On the surface, an innovative camera monitors the outside skin temperature continuously. This temperature monitoring allows Dr. Karaca to deliver the exact energy level necessary to produce the best results.
What to Expect During ThermiRF™ Treatment
The treatment begins with numbing the designated area. During treatment, you may feel a gentle warming sensation. The duration of each individual’s treatment depends on the size and number of areas to be treated. On average the procedure takes one hour in full. You will be able to resume regular activities immediately following the appointment. Slight swelling is common in some patients.
If you live in and around Detroit, Farmington Hills and the surrounding communities of Michigan and would like more information about ThermiRF™, please contact us today!