Body Sculpting Before and After Pictures in Detroit, MI
Birmingham Plastic Surgery is happy to serve residents of Detroit, Farmington Hills, and neighboring locations in Michigan. To navigate through this body sculpting section, click on the links below and select which procedure results you want to view. All images are of real patients who were treated by board-certified plastic surgeon Ahmet R. Karaca, M.D. The images are completely unaltered so that you can see what body sculpting can do for you.
There is no doubt that there are enormous benefits to losing weight through a combination of exercise and diet, or even through weight loss surgery on your health, appearance and outlook on life. Some patients who have succeeded in losing large amounts of weight may find themselves troubled by excess sagging skin. This excess skin has lost its elasticity because of being consistently stretched for long periods of time and so may never return to its previous shape and size. It can even get in the way of simple activities such as getting dressed and basic hygiene, and may also limit your range of motion. Excess skin often hangs loosely under the arms, buttocks and face, and around the abdomen, thighs, and breasts. Body sculpting involves a number of procedures that remove loose and hanging skin from the body after extreme weight loss, tummy tuck, and/or gastric bypass surgery.
- Liposuction – a procedure that improves the contours of the body by removing fat deposits that can’t be eliminated through lifestyle changes.
- Tummy Tuck – consists of removing a large section of the lower abdominal skin and fatty tissue, as well as tightening the vertical abdominal muscles (rectus abdominis).
- Body Lift – an often preferable option to reshape and recontour the body to give a younger, firmer appearance.
- Arm Lift – a procedure that corrects and eliminates the sagging skin of the upper arms.
- Calves and Ankles – the advantage of circumferential liposuction is that it removes fat all the way around the calves and ankles. It allows for greater skin shrinkage and tighter, smoother results.